Lane Theatre is owned and managed by Newquay Dramatic Society, a registered charity (No. 280786).
Newquay Amateur Dramatic Society was
founded in May 1931 and we have been presenting plays continually since
that date. Facilities include a 138 seat auditorium, free parking and
In 1980 the Society acquired the Lane Village Hall and then began the process of transforming an almost derelict building into the excellent 138 seat facility we enjoy today.
In 1999 we secured a substantial Arts Council (National Lottery) grant which enabled us to carry out major improvements for the comfort of both our audiences and actors. The refurbished building was opened by one of our Patrons Phillip Schofield on 3rd September 2000.